Around Noon today our area of Northern Colorado was under a tornado advisory. As I am finishing up my lunch at the house on a break from work I heard the emergency sirens go off. It took me a bit to figure out what was going on. I stepped outside and blasting from the speakers was a message to seek immediate shelter as there has been a tornado sighted locally. Then the message was translated into Spanish and Repeated.
I checked the news for any immediate threat and then decided to get back to work just in case the company was performing an emergency exercise. Not even a message over email or any loud speakers. Kind of odd.
Any way my desk faces the North overlooking the northern Colorado mountains and plains. When I walked back into work everyone was pressed to the glass windows in awe. The clouds looked very angry and you could tell that our friends in far northern Colorado were not going to fare well in this impending doom.
Kristen has been delayed from traveling back from San Jose, CA due to the storms.
Other than some Hail and high winds and a freaked out dog, Bello, all is good here.
No comments:
Post a Comment